Join / Donate
Become a Friend of the UNI Museum!
The Friends of the UNI Museum is a group of volunteers who provide critical support to the UNI Museum's missions and operations.
For the academic year 2017-2018, the UNI Museum is hiring a wide range of work-study positions to help with our many projects. Please look at the student job board for more information.
Every year the UNI Museum offers a Graduate Assistantship in the Center for the History of Rural Iowa Education and Culture. If you have an interest in leaning new museum skills and working with the best example of rural school documentation in the state of Iowa, this job will interest you.
Note: This position has been filled for the 2017-2018 academic year. Keep checking for more news about open positions.
With a variety of projects and ongoing collections research, the UNI Museum is always looking for volunteers to work with the collections, give public tours and help with events. If you have an interest in volunteering with the museum, please call the main office and find out what opportunities are currently available.
The UNIM is always looking to expand its collection to better serve our patrons. If you have an object you believe would serve our mission or would fill a void in our collection, please contact our curator to discuss your options. Your donation is tax deductible and will directly impact a student’s experience at UNI.
In addition to receiving objects to our collection, we also accept monetary donations. These tax deductible dontations allow us to purchase objects to fill gaps in our collections, pay student assistants, and provide conservation for our collections, among other things.
You may designate your gift to one of the major funds identified below at the UNI Foundation Give Now page by designating "UNI Museum" in the "Other" field.
- Friends of the UNI Museum Fund: Funding to support museum actives, exhibits, and student internships.
- Museum (Anthropology): Funding to support the purchase of objects to expand the collection at the UNI Museum
- UNI Museum Youth Education Fund: Funding to provide field trips and student activities at the UNI Museum and the Marshall Center School
- UNI Museum Internship Fund: Provides funds to hire student interns who are interested in the museum profession
- Rural School House Renovation Fund: A fund to support the ongoing preservation of the museum's one room schoolhouse.
- Museum Fund: Provides funding for exhibits and the preservation of over 150,000 objects.
Retiring from UNI? Donate your items to our collections!